TCS Off Campus Drive - 2017 Batch - Important points to note
With regards to applying for the announced off campus drive, we would like all applicants to take careful note of the following.
This blog post has been prepared to address all the common queries raised by many
To start -
Registration : (For students who do not have an existing account on the TCS NextStep portal alone)
To register for the Off Campus please follow the below path:
https://nextstep.tcs.com -> Register now –> select “IT”
Complete creation of your profile and then proceed to completing the TCS application form and submit the same,
Eligibility Criteria: All students intending to apply for the off campus drive should meet the below eligibility criteria
- Consistent 60% aggregate for Engineering graduates passed out in 2017 only
- Only Full Time courses will be considered.
- All courses should have been completed within the time stipulated by the Board/ University (Extended education by way of clearing backlogs post the course duration is not considered eligible)
- Break in studies maximum up to 2 years is permissible ONLY with VALID reasons.
- Should not have appeared for TCS selection process in the last 6 months.
Last Date to apply for the drive : 21st Jan 2018, 23:59 hrs
Off campus test will be conducted on the 31st of January, 2018
Important points to Note
- If you already have a CT/DT reference no, you can continue with the same number. You do not have to create your profile once again on Next Step following the registration process outlined
- If you are creating your profile for the first time, please update the details carefully as no changes can be made to the profile once created for the below fields – Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Title, Address, Email ID, Telephone Number
- Please note the qualification which you have entered in the Application form for graduation or post graduation should be as per the Eligibility criteria for the Off Campus Drive.
For eg. If you have registered as a Bachelor of Computer Science (which is applicable for B.Sc computer science) , you will not get the link to Apply for Drive.
You need to click on "Edit Application Form" and change the Qualification in your Application form to the correct Qualification for the Off Campus Drive to get the link to Apply for Drive.For example if you are an engineering graduate then choose your qualification as Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology.as applicable
- Only 1 profile to be created per candidate. Duplicate profiles should not be created. This could lead to your profile getting disqualified for the test.
- Please follow the below steps to make changes in your Institute and College name if incorrect. Logon to Next Step with CT/DT ref ID and password =>Click on ' Edit Application Form' => Type and Select correct Institute name from the Institute options that appear (It will automatically reflect in the registration form). In case the Institute name is not appearing in the suggestions, you can continue to type your Institute name correctly and proceed.
- You need to select the Nearest Test location while updating your Application form.
- Once the test location has been selected by you, it cannot be changed once Hall ticket is generated
- After completing the Application form, you need to click on the Apply for Drive link to complete your registration process for the Off Campus Drive
- Only short listed candidates who have completed the Application form and have clicked on the Apply for Drive link will be considered to receive hall tickets for the Off Campus Drive
- The date of the Off Campus Test cannot be changed
- The Results of the Off Campus Test will be declared through emails
- Students who receive the hall ticket should carry the following documents to test venue
- Two color print copies of your Hall Ticket
- Your photo identity proof in original for verification (PAN Card / Driving License / Passport / Voter ID / Aadhar Card). In case you do not have any of the mentioned Photo ID proofs, it is mandatory to carry Photo Identity proof issued and attested by a Gazetted Officer on official letter head. You will not be permitted to appear for the test if you fail to carry the TCS Hall Ticket or any of the above mentioned documents
- You are permitted to carry only 2 HB pencils (No mechanical pencils) and scientific calculator inside the examination hall. Please carry your own stationery as borrowing of these items from others will not be allowed. Rough sheets will be provided by TCS at the venue
- List of items which are Banned inside the examination hall : Bags, pens, mechanical pencils, cell phones and other electronic devices are strictly prohibited. The examination center will not be responsible for safekeeping of these items.
- Kindly note that we have a stringent eligibility criteria and selection process in place. At every level our focus is to ensure quality hiring. We assure you that the TCS Selection process conducted for the Off Campus is in line with our recruitment guidelines and policies.
- Beware of fraudsters and fraudulent job offers. Please note that
TCS DOES NOT:
- Send job offers from free internet email services like Gmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, and so on
- Ask you to deposit any money for giving job offers to Experienced Professionals or Fresh Graduate Traineees.
- Appoint any agent/agency/company to advertise about TCS Off campus hiring or conduct any employment interviews or make offers of employment/benefits on its behalf.